One of the notable changes in all sectors with Covid-19 is the measures that can be taken in disinfection and hygiene and the needs for new solutions in this field. In parallel, Signify has been producing UV-C lamps with disinfection and sterilization properties with its expertise in this field for many years. With UV-C lamps, viruses, bacteria and molds in water, air and surfaces can be destroyed. How is that?
What are UV-C Lamps, What Are They For? And How Can It Mitigate The Risks That Threaten Our Health?
UV-C rays range from 200-280 nanometers (nm) wavelengths that the human eye cannot see. It can be used for disinfection or sterilization by disrupting the DNA of microorganisms at a wavelength of 253.7 nm and making them harmless. An example of this is:
- The coronavirus (COVID-19), which has spread to many countries and regions around the world, has been described as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- In many countries, hospitals and other health institutions, the treatment of patients continues day and night. Although our UV-C lamps cannot directly treat people, they can make significant contributions.
How Can It Be Used?
- With UV-C rays, it can destroy viruses, bacteria and molds in water, air and surfaces.
- UV-C lamp mechanisms can be installed in public places such as hospitals, other health institutions, chain stores, office environments and schools (at night or when there is no one left after closing) and/or viruses can be neutralized by setting cleaning hours with UV-C rays. This application will also eliminate viruses that may lead to possible complications in the healing process of patients both today and in the future.
- In this context, UV-C rays can neutralize the COVID-19 virus on surfaces and reduce the risk of new virus outbreaks in the future.*
*Microbiology research revealing how effective UV-C rays are in the destruction of bacteria and viruses
Is it safe?
- UV-C lamps are safe as long as they are used by expert professionals. Eyes and skin should be covered, as rays can damage during use.
- People, UV-C beam lamps should never be used in themselves or in animals, otherwise serious damage to the eyes and skin can be seen.
What Will Be the Next Steps?
- Working with our partners in many countries, we are exploring which media we can benefit more from UV-C lamps. We have already worked with health organizations in many different regions in China, where UV-C lamps are relatively widely used.
- We advise anyone using a UV-C beam lamp to follow the safety instructions to the letter.
How can I access detailed information and products related to UV-C?
For detailed information about UV-C, you can visit our website below and contact the TD Elektronik UV-C Sales Team for more detailed questions, UV-C product portfolio and sales conditions.
#signify #philips #disinfection #disinfectionrobot #uvdisinfection #infectioncontrol #covid19solutions #stopcovid #UVC #corona #covid19 #uvclight #uvcfluorescent