Guides are coming to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) prepare and execute projects. Accredited SME guides will land with the new system to be implemented. The Regulation on SME Guidance and Technical Consultancy Services prepared within this scope was published in the Official Gazette and entered into force. Minister of Industry and Technology Mustafa Varank, who evaluated the regulation, said, "With this regulation, the intermediaries expressed as bag dealers in the market will disappear. Those who abuse their duties and authority will not be allowed. SME guides and technical consultants who are trained in this business, have field experience and are competent in their field will provide guidance to SMEs within the scope of KOSGEB Supports. With the introduction of the system, 200 SME guides and 2,400 Technical Advisors will start working in the field in the first place."
A new system has been created to establish healthier communication between the Small and Medium Enterprises Development and Support Administration (KOSGEB) and SMEs. Minister of Industry and Technology Varank made statements regarding the Regulation on SME Guidance and Technical Consultancy Services. Pointing out the importance of directing SMEs in a designated area, Minister Varank said, "We care about SMEs receiving guidance and consultancy services in a healthy way. We bring the SME Guidance and Consultancy System with the published regulation. With this system, SMEs will receive guidance and consultancy services in a designated and framed area."
QUALITY WILL RISE
Varank pointed out that with this system, SMEs will benefit more effectively from KOSGEB support programs, "The problems experienced by SMEs due to intermediaries in the project preparation and execution stages will be eliminated. SME guides and technical consultants who are trained in this business will provide guidance to SMEs. Thus, the skills and capabilities of SMEs will be improved. Standard will be provided in consultancy services and quality will increase."
Underlining that KOSGEB will authorize SME guides and technical consultants thanks to this arrangement, varank said, "We expect 4,000 SMEs to benefit from guidance and technical consultancy services within 3 years."
WHAT'S IN THE REGULATION?
According to the regulation on the qualifications of SME guides and technical consultants, the services they will provide, the principles of authorization, classification, monitoring, evaluation and supervision, the following conditions will be sought for those who want to become SME guides:
*To have a Certificate of Professional Competence within the scope of the National Vocational Standard of SME Consultant (Level 6) enacted by the Vocational Qualifications Authority,
*To complete SME guidance training,
* To have at least 240 hours of consultancy experience or to have served as a senior manager (general manager, deputy general manager and their peers and superiors) for at least 3 years in large-scale enterprises in the last 10 years.
SME GUIDE AFTER 3 YEARS
Those who meet these requirements will be able to be SME guides. The SME guide can be authorized as a senior SME guide 3 years after the authorization date according to the services it provides and the monitoring and audit results to be carried out by KOSGEB. SME guides will provide services such as analyzing the current situation of enterprises, identifying their problems and needs, advising and guiding businesses, and guiding businesses in project preparation and execution processes.
According to the regulation, 6 criteria were determined for technical consultant candidates. Those who carry at least one of these conditions will be technical advisors. The conditions sought are:
* To serve as a professor or associate professor in higher education institutions or to have done so,
* PhD graduate and having at least 120 hours of consultancy experience,
* To have a master's degree and at least 240 hours of consultancy experience,
* To have served for at least 5 years in the last 10 years as a mid-level manager (unit manager, business manager and their peers) or senior manager (general manager, deputy general manager and their peers and superiors) in large or medium-sized enterprises and to have at least a bachelor's degree,
* To be the owner, partner or employee of the enterprises providing consultancy services for at least 5 years in the last 10 years, to have at least 240 hours of consultancy experience and to have at least a bachelor's degree,
* To be an experienced investor who holds an Individual Participation Investor License within the scope of the Regulation on Individual Participation Capital published in the Official Gazette dated 15/2/2013 and numbered 28560 and defined in the same Regulation.
Technical consultants will provide consultancy services to businesses on the issues determined and authorized by KOSGEB in the fields of financing, internationalization, technology/innovation/digitalization and growth.